We can help you to optimize many free parameters without the need for expensive laboratory set ups.
Wave or beam?
Depending on the problem, either the wavelength properties of the light or the aspects of the geometric ray tracing predominate the good design of an optical system. Some phenomenas can be dealt with mathematically, however it is oftentimes necessary to apply approximative numerical processes. For these we have different tools available, such as ZEMAX®, LightPipes®, SageMath, and self-coded special applications.
15 years experience
We have more than 15 years of experience with the simulation of optical systems. In many cases simple optimizations can help to choose the right lens or to approximate the mechanical tolerance against mis-positioning, so it is possible to save precious money and time. However, sometimes there is no standard solution available. In those cases we can develop complex solutions through a combination, modification, or extension of software with our own programms; for example the switch-on behaviour of a diode laser.
Measurements as input
But the simulation alone is not sufficient for a successful product development. The correct data for the light source that is to be optimized is often missing. Here we can provide the status quo with our measuring equipment.
- Position tolerancing of optical components
- Vibration tolerant laser coupling
- Astigmatic optics (e.g. crossed and yet adjustable line foki)
- Fiber optics (e.g. sideways outcoupling)
- LED-collimation (e.g. multispectral with 16 different colors)
- Spectroscopy (highly resolving spectrometer for whole VIS)
- Laser resonator calculation, switch-on behaviour (e.g. diode laser in external cavity)
- Wave propagation, diffraction effects, spot sizes of foki
- Polarization effects (e.g. angular dependence of birefringence)
- Powerscaling of lasers
- Interferometric metrology